Friday, June 24, 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
Foy Concert Hall
- J.S. Bach: Prelude from Partita in E Major, BWV 1006
- J.S. Bach: Chorale: Break Forth O Beauteous Heavenly Light, BWV 248
- John Mackey: Unquiet Spirits (2012)
- Joel Love: In Memoriam (2015)
- Gershwin: Three Preludes (1926)
- Glazunov: Saxophone Quartet in B Flat Major, Op. 109
Project Fusion, featuring soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone saxophones, was founded in 2010 by four Eastman School of Music graduates and has been winning prized ever since (e. g., the Fischoff Gold Medal, a first at the National Music Teachers Association Chamber Music Competition, Grand Prize and Audience Choice Award at the Plowman International Chamber Music Competition, and 2015 winner of the Astral Artist National Auditions). The group has been successfully winning over audiences to its musical philosophy of process and synthesis as well. Active in education and public arts outreach, Project Fusion is known for its audience engagements and diverse repertoire.